Wednesday, September 5, 2012

First day of school and all

Here goes!

Last Monday was the kids' first day back to school.  Brooke started high school and was not nervous a bit!  I think I asked her at least a hundred times if she was and she kept telling me no.  She is much braver than I am!  I was always super nervous weeks before school started every year. Avery started a new school, again.  His eighth one (he likes to point that out.)  Last year Avery was able to go to the same school as Brooke and Alec even though it was out of district for him.  However when Avery's 8th grade schedule came in the mail, he had been automatically enrolled in the school closer to our house.  After inspecting his schedule a few times he decided he wanted to go to the new school.  His decision was based on the fact that his schedule had "cool" classes.  All three of the kids had a good first week and Avery has made a friend.

Scott continues to improve daily!  He is eating a hundred percent normal and has not had a single problem in months.  Yes months.  I am very happy about that!  Work is beginning to pick up for him again too which is nice!

Noah is getting bigger and bigger by the minute.  These past four months have flown by and he learns something new everyday!  He loves music and reading the most out of all the activities we do daily. He recently discovered the cat and now she catches his eye a lot. I have started letting him have a half teaspoon of mashed banana in the morning because for the past few weeks he has been lusting after our food. He will sit and watch us eat and attempt to grab things off our plates or out of our hands.  Speaking of grabbing, Noah wants to grab EVERYTHING!  If something catches his eye, he wants it and then will turn his whole body to try to get it! While being changed he grabs for the wipes, while laying in bed, he grabs for Scott's or my iPhone.  He wants my cup and he wants to turn the pages of whatever book I am reading to him. I could go on and on.  I started taking Noah on morning walks and he enjoys them as much as he can, we have gone everyday for the past week and a half and today was the only day he got upset and we had to turn straight around.

I am doing well too! I am finally starting to feel like myself again. A little less crazy but still just enough to keep things interesting. I'm kidding. Kind of.  Noah has his 4 month check up and shots next week, and I am NOT looking forward to that.  Maybe the crazy will come back after that?! Who knows?!

Lots of love to y'all!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing...Tell Avery that the fact that he's been to 8 schools shows that he can adapt to any situation he is faced with and he will be successful when he's adult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing...Tell Avery that the fact that he's been to 8 schools shows that he can adapt to any situation he is faced with and he will be successful when he's adult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it's a huge breath of fresh air to have only Noah in the house all day right now. The school year truly is the BEST (as a parent) ha!

    Can't wait to see new pics of the little one!

    ReplyDelete