Friday, September 28, 2012

feeling MEXcellent

Hi guys!

Last weekend my parents came.  They come visit every two weeks so if reading that gets redundant - you have been warned.  The most awesome thing about them coming other than getting to see them was that they brought my baby sitr! No, that wasn't a typo, you read that correctly, my sister and I call one another sitr and refer to one another in all we do as sitr.  We call each other that because when she was in the 3rd grade she wrote a Cinderella type fairy tale about me and since she could not spell sister correctly she spelled it "sitr."  Years and years later, we found the story and read it and laughed and started calling each other sitr.  Anyway, I was so excited that Nell came to visit! This is a big big BIG deal because she hates to travel by car on a highway or be in a car longer than 15 minutes.  Why?  Once she was run off road by a big truck and even though she was fine and her car was fine, it scared her and she has been anxious about being in a car ever since.  We had such a great time with her here.

The one thing Nell was looking forward to the most was getting to feed Noah bananas like she did with Avery.  Here she is feeding him and he loved it!


My parents bought Noah the cutest PJs that glow in the dark and I love them SO much I think they will end up being his Halloween costume while he passes out candy this year.


I am really fond of Noah's little face when he looks up and I finally got to snap a quick pic of him doing so.  I am SO in love with him! 


All of Noah's older siblings are doing well.  They all got new cell phones so they are pretty stoked.  Brooke and Avery got new iphones so the two of them are especially excited.  Alec got a way cooler phone than he had and he is excited about that! All three of them got their first progress reports and every one has either A-B or all A's so far.  We are encouraging them all to keep that up the whole year and then Scott and I are doing something huge for them!  Alec and Avery got new beds too! My parents brought the beds up with them when they visited and the boys got to put their own beds together.  A little man-training there. Ha!  My mom wanted to do all the kids' rooms and since Noah's is finished she moved on to the boys' "man-cave".  She is making all the kids' comforters, pillows and curtains.  So far everything looks AMAZING!  One day I will do a post of our house because I know some of our family wants to see it.  

Scott and I are good too.  Nothing interesting or exciting on our parts. He is mostly busy with work and I am busy with Noah.  Scott is taking me to see the native Texas butterfly exhibit at the museum this weekend that I have wanted to see since March.  I am SO excited! I am excited for Noah as well because he is starting to become aware of all kinds of  things around him, so I hope it'll be a good time for him too!  If I remember to take pictures I will post them. 

Now to the reason I titled this post "feeling mexcellent" -  The other day at lunch I made myself a bean burrito and I wondered if I could give Noah some of the re-fried beans.  I checked a website and it said he could have a little, like a taste of them and be fine.  So I let him try them.  Here is the video:  I am not sure it works on iphones or ipads, as I can't see it on either of my idevices.  Enjoy!






Lots of love to y'all 




1 comment:

  1. How adorable! He looks so much like Avery to me!!!

    Glad you're doing well and getting to spend time with your family - that's so nice that they come up so often! Can't wait to see the decor your mom is making!

    ReplyDelete