Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A weekly recap (kind of)

My plans never ever ever work out. Perhaps it's just me (it is!) or perhaps it is something else.  I was hoping that I would have more time to update this for everyone but I do not.  At least not right now.  Actually, I blame Scott. It HAS to be his fault. When in doubt blame the hubby. Ha!

Anyway here's what we did this last week plus a few days:

Sunday - My parents headed home to Harker Heights with Avery - he will be back this Saturday.  I can't wait to see him! It has been two whole weeks and I miss him so much!  Chuck and Sarah stopped by for a few hours and hung out with us, which was so fun!

Monday - Scott, Noah and I had our first official day together since returning home after all the hospital drama.  We took it easy! It was perfect!

Tuesday - We took it easy again!

Wednesday - We took Noah to meet his great great Aunt Nettie.  He slept the whole three hour visit!  I absolutely adore Nettie!  She's THE definition of an old southern belle and she is SO sassy!  She's the kind of lady I want to be when I am her age. She told Scott and I a story about her father in law.  He was a preacher and he was long winded with a habit of talking after 12pm (I guess that church should have been over by that time.) One day she told him if he didn't stop talking by 12 she was going to start coughing really loudly so he knew it was time to stop.  And she did.  His sermon went past 12 o'clock and she started coughing. She said he looked right at her and she kept coughing and he ended the sermon.  When her sister told her she could not do that she said "Well I did." HA!

Thursday - We had just Alec over to stay the night and we got him take out from one of his favorite places to eat, The Olive Garden.  Scott spent some time with Alec upstairs watching "boy" movies.  It was really nice to be able to spoil him a little and give him some individual attention.

Friday - Scott and I went to Home Depot and bought some stain, so we could, or he could start one of the many DIY projects I want done.  He did a small amount of staining and showed me what he did and I said "Oh no! That is NOT how I wanted it to look, at least not how it looked in my head."  A second trip to HD is happening this week!

Saturday and Sunday - We had both Brooke and Alec for the weekend.  We hung out and had family over.  Scott's mom, and sisters, Ginny and Ally along with her friend visited for a few hours on Sunday and it was a lot of fun!

So far this week Scott, Noah and I have been just hanging out at home, enjoying our time together.  Noah has grown out of all his newborn clothes and diapers.  I was teary-eyed gathering up all his little things and getting all his 3 month stuff together and ready to be worn.  My sister's mother in law gave me some pretty good advice that I keep telling myself:  the days may seem really long right now but the truth is the years go by so quickly. Enjoy the time you have even when its hard for you to do!  Scott and I are both trying so so hard to just enjoy Noah in every single way we can right now.

Here's Noah in his THREE month pjs.  Both sad and so cute!  So cute not just because he's my son but because he has my favorite dinosaur on his feet.



Here are some other pictures from the week:

I made this onsie for Noah to wear home from Harker Heights.  It says heart my dad.


 Here is Noah sleeping in his Maya Wrap! I wanted this thing so bad and my mom and dad surprised me and sent it to me!  It is the best hippie carrying thing for your baby!  It took me a while to get Noah comfortable in it, he would protest being in it so much, but not anymore.

  
Noah got Scott's pointy elf ears and so we have been jokingly calling Noah an "angry elf" whenever he gets really mad, in reference to the movie ELF.  Here is an example of Noah being an "angry elf" after I put a giraffe hat on him. Let me just say he hates hats!  Like absolutely detests them!  Naturally, I thought it would be funny to put one on him anyway.  I know, I know, mom of the year over here.


Lastly here is Scott putting Noah's stroller together!  It came today, a day early!  The plan is to start taking Noah on morning walks tomorrow after breakfast. Wish us luck!



Lots of love to y'all






5 comments:

  1. I am loving your blog!! I really need to find the time & get one myself. We'll have to box about "Mother of the year" if I ever see you, because I love yes LOVE to scare Harlow Le... she secretly likes it too hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. lmao that's awesome!!!

    yes yes yes start one!!! I will read it for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never used the Maya wrap - is it hard to put on? I think I'll want an Ergo for next time because they're so comfy, but a bit hard to use!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is kinda. I had to watch and rewatch the how to video more times than I want to admit. Sad. However once you get it - you've got it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the updates! Keep em' coming!

    ReplyDelete